EuroLab-4-HPC is a two-year Horizon 2020 funded project with the bold commitment to build the foundation for a European Research Center of Excellence in High-Performance Computing (HPC) Systems.
High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems are of vital importance to the progress of science and technology. Europe has made significant progress in becoming a leader in HPC through industrial and application providers. In addition ETP4HPC is driving a European HPC vision towards exascale systems. Despite such gains excellence in HPC systems research is fragmented across Europe. EuroLab-4-HPC has the bold overall goal to join forces among excellent research institutions in HPC system across the system stack towards a long-term research agenda that drives innovation and education in HPC systems.
The main objectives of EuroLab-4-HPC are:
- to join HPC system research groups around a long-term HPC research agenda by forming an HPC research roadmap and joining forces behind it
- to define an HPC curriculum in HPC technologies and best-practice education/training methods to foster future European technology leaders
- to accelerate commercial uptake of new HPC technologies
- to build an HPC ecosystem with researchers and other stakeholders, e.g., HPC system providers and venture capital
- to form a business model and organization for the EuroLab-4-HPC excellence centre in HPC systems.
EuroLab-4-HPC is coordinated by Chalmers University of Technology and involves thirteen prominent research organizations across nine countries with some of the best research teams in HPC in Europe. For more information about key activities to meet its objective, see Activities. For more information about the partners, see Partners.
Why is European HPC running on US hardware? – EuroLab4HPC: connecting HPC and Systems
[Tuesday 10 May, 14:00 to 18:30] Co-located with the European HPC Summit Week 2016, Prague, Czech Republic, this workshop is addressed to the HPC community of Europe, presenting the state-of-the-art in European Computing Systems and Architectures, and discussing how to apply these to HPC.
Call for proposals for Business Prototype Projects
The purpose of the Business Prototyping Projects is to help researchers identify and evaluate business cases based on their research results.
Call for proposals for Cross-Site Collaboration Grants
EuroLab-4-HPC is pleased to announce the first call for proposals for Cross-Site Collaboration Grants to initiate and promote Cross-site Actions.